When you have found your new home, keep in mind that there are a few final issues that must be addressed. When you do your final walk-through, make sure that the following things have been done to your satisfaction:
* Be certain that all repairs you requested are made. Obtain copies of all paid invoices and related warranties.
* Note that all items that were included in the sale price—draperies, lights, air conditioners remain in the home.
* Make sure screens and storm windows are in place or storedI
* Inspect all included appliances and be sure they are working.
* Check the intercom, doorbells, and all alarms to be sure they are operational.
* The water heater should be inspected and operational.
* The HVAC should also be checked out to be sure it is working.
* Inspect the yard to be certain that no plants or shrubs have been removed.
* Do a once-over with the garage door opener and be sure the remotes are available.
* Make certain that the pertinent instruction books and warranties on appliances and fixtures are there.
* Be sure, before you begin moving in, that all the sellers' personal items and all debris have been removed.
If you are ready to buy a home in the Stark or Summit County area, contact DeHoff Realtors to get started—we would love to help!