Stark / Summit County Home Inspections
Feel free to ask your DeHoff REALTOR® to guide you with the home inspection. We are here to assist you. When choosing a home, below are some of the things you need to look at carefully to make sure your investment is a solid, well-maintained property.
- Siding: Look for dents or buckling.
- Foundations: Look for cracks or water seepage.
- Exterior Brick: Look for cracked bricks or mortar pulling away from bricks.
- Insulation: Look for condition, adequate rating for climate (the higher the R value, the more effective the insulation is).
- Doors & Windows: Look for loose or tight fits, condition of locks, condition of weather stripping.
- Roof: Look for age, conditions of flashing, pooling water, buckled shingles, or loose gutters and downspouts.
- Ceilings, walls, and moldings: Look for loose pieces, dry wall that is pulling away.
- Furnace/Air Conditioning: Look for age, energy rating. Furnaces are rated by annual fuel utilization efficiency; the higher the rating, the lower your fuel costs.
- Electrical: Look for condition of fuse box/circuit breakers, number of outlets in each room.
- Plumbing: Look for poor water pressure, banging pipes, rust spots or corrosion that indicate leaks, sufficient insulation.
- Water Heater: Look for age, size adequate for house, speed of recovery, energy rating.
- Porch/Deck: Look for loose railings or steps. Check for rot.
- Garage: Look for exterior in good repair; condition of floor—cracks, stains, etc.; condition of door mechanism.
- Basement: Look for water leakage, musty smell.
- Attic: Look for adequate ventilation, water leaks from roof.
- Septic Tanks (if applicable): Adequate absorption field capacity for the percolation rate in your area and the size of your family.
- Driveways/Sidewalks: Look for cracks, heaving pavement, crumbling near edges, stains.